Talk

Advanced search

Perfect Prep Machine

(15 Posts)
mooma3 Sun 26-Jul-15 16:45:56

Are these really worth it?

With our other babies we would boil the kettle and just put a little boiling water in with the the powder and top up with cooled boiled water.
This was pretty quick and usually the milk was at the correct temp so not much Faffing really.

Is this machine really that much different or quicker than doing that?

Thanks

Teeste Sun 26-Jul-15 17:36:52

We have two, so yes, I think so :D But we've never done it any other way so I can't compare.

FeedYourselfSmiles Mon 27-Jul-15 20:48:59

I've found it an utter life saver, especially at night when I don't trust myself with a kettle. It makes them in 2 minutes flat.

Quintanimo Mon 27-Jul-15 21:00:04

The basic procedure is the same - but can be done 1 handed while holding baby.

Betsyblue Mon 27-Jul-15 21:01:45

Yes it is amazing. It is one of the few things I would go out and replace immediately if it broke.

Feeds at 2/3am were made a lot easier with this!

JanineMelnitzGlasses Mon 27-Jul-15 21:05:40

Best baby item I bought. I never got the hot to cold water ratio right and like PP said, you can make the bottles one handed.

Diamondsandpears Mon 27-Jul-15 21:09:18

Two babies or two machines? The noise it makes though!

Horispondle Mon 27-Jul-15 21:12:24

I tested it and if you've got a powerful kettle/small amount of water it takes the exact same amount of time to boil the kettle add powder and cooled boiled water as it does to use the PP.
Advantages of PP: not having to measure out cooled boiled water in additional tubs/bottles. Easier to explain to anyone else that may be feeding your baby in your house.
Disadvantages: earsplittingly loud beep that can't be turned off confused, needs cleaned, have to replace filter, you are using filtered water that's been sitting for hours/a day instead of cooled boiled water. Takes up room in your kitchen!
We got ours second hand for £30 and I think it's been worth it but I wouldn't have paid full price.

cowbag1 Mon 27-Jul-15 21:13:04

This was our number one baby product and we recommend it yo everyone. It's the easiest way to make up a bottle according to the guidelines.

We got ours half price but I would definitely pay full price and more for it .

Teeste Tue 28-Jul-15 08:14:59

Two machines over two floors - I know, the decadence! One was a gift though. Saves faffing around running downstairs in the middle of the night, plus peace of mind knowing the bottles are made up right even when you're half awake. I wouldn't be without the PP.

seastargirl Tue 28-Jul-15 08:19:02

My sil has this for her twins, the only issue with it is babies are super fussy about what temperature their milk is. They won't drink cartons of pre made formula and ate a struggle to feed out and about as they want it the same temp as the prefect prep makes it. Having said that she says it's a complete life saver for her and my in laws who look after the twins when she works.

divafever24 Sat 01-Aug-15 22:01:14

I was wondering whether to get one of these too, but as I understand it bottles are topped up with filtered room temperature water which hasn't been boiled. Is this safe?

FlossieTreadlight Sat 01-Aug-15 22:05:19

It is safe - the milk powder will have been sterilised by the blast of hot water (it's the milk that needs to be sterilised, not the water)

divafever24 Sun 02-Aug-15 07:38:45

Thanks for that flossie

VeryEarlyDays Sun 02-Aug-15 11:06:20

Are they still safe if you don't use them for every feed? I'm planning to bf but know this would be super useful for DP to do the occasional night feed (friend has offered is there's). is that still OK or do you need to use it lots to flush the water through?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now