Talk

Advanced search

Is breastmilk always so watery?

(5 Posts)
jbee1979 Wed 22-Jul-15 08:17:52

DD slept through the night and didn't wake with our alarm.

my breasts were like rocks so I expressed off 2oz to relieve myself a bit.

i don't express every day, but when i need to, normally I express after a feed and don't study the milk because we're busy!

but as DD was asleep I noticed it looks very watery and I wonder is it all foremilk and will it cause the green poos?

If I express more later can I mix it or should I dump the watery 2oz?

Thanks in advance

fessmess Wed 22-Jul-15 08:35:39

Breastmilk varies in water content/nutrients depending on baby's needs and weather! I found when feeding mine that in hot weather I was very thirsty indeed and my milk was more watery. It's nature's way of making sure little one gets all they need.

icclemunchy Wed 22-Jul-15 08:44:15

Yup what fessmess said, if you express more later you can add it together but it needs to be used before this mornings milk is out of date iyswim? Can't for the life of me remember how long it can stay in the fridge because I freeze mine straight away

SilverHoney Wed 22-Jul-15 08:46:43

Yes you can mix any more milk you express. After a night out and few hours away from my DD I got v. watery milk, and I could feel my breasts were still quiet full. I'm not very good at expressing and find my pump doesn't "empty" them the same way DD does. The milk will be fine to use. And congrats on your nights sleep smile

jbee1979 Wed 22-Jul-15 09:25:02

Thank you everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now