Talk

Advanced search

Baby gulping bottle and getting bad wind

(13 Posts)
Hughem Tue 21-Jul-15 20:00:09

Anyone got any advice, my two week old baby gulps her bottle and gulps air so much you can hear it bubbling in her tummy. She then gets so uncomfortable with wind and often is sick. I've tried the anti colic bottles, burping her really regularly and only at the end of feed. Not sure what else to do and seems to be getting worse. Any ideas?! TIA

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 21-Jul-15 20:04:33

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of tongue tie? I'm not saying it is that but it might be worth reading this and see if any of it sounds familiar smile

Hughem Tue 21-Jul-15 20:20:55

They've checked that when she was in hospital and she doesn't have one. So upsetting when she seems so uncomfortable ����

Behooven Tue 21-Jul-15 20:22:51

Have you tried a bottle/teet with a smaller size of hole?

Hughem Tue 21-Jul-15 20:43:25

We have been using Tommie tippee slow flow and ones, bought some doctor Brown ones today but no joy. Wonder if it's worth trying a medium flow teet??

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 21-Jul-15 22:07:22

Who checked it in hospital? If it the hcp just had a quick look in the mouth, it's unlikely that they could diagnos it properly.

There's a whole bunch of us on here who were told emphatically that our DC didn't have tt, only to find out later that they did.

Might be worth having a read of the link smile

Wotshudwehave4T Tue 21-Jul-15 22:14:45

Dr Brown bottles, available in Boots etc have a straw like tube inside the bottle which slows them down and stops them getting so much wind. Think the teats are in 2 sizes depending on age.

Wotshudwehave4T Tue 21-Jul-15 22:15:52

Sorry just noticed your dr Brown comment

Ohfourfoxache Wed 22-Jul-15 10:37:29

We had similar with Ds - have you tried infacol? It worked wonders for us and at 4 months he's still on it (ok from birth)

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 23-Jul-15 09:36:20

Not sure the OP is coming back OhFour. Love the name though grin

Hughem Fri 24-Jul-15 06:41:11

Hi all thanks for your comments. On infacol now so see if that helps. Interesting about the tounge tie, I'll ask the health visitor about it. Tried the bottles but seems the problem is her, not the bottle.

easterlywinds Fri 24-Jul-15 07:01:14

Have you tried paced bottle feeding where you hold baby in more of an upright position. We recommend it for breast fed babies as it helps baby control the flow of milk. There is a lot of links and videos online.

Hughem Fri 24-Jul-15 10:15:32

I'll have a look at the videos, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now