Talk

Advanced search

Milk blister

(9 Posts)
butternut22 Tue 21-Jul-15 06:06:25

My D's is 6 months and is ebf. I had a blocked duct and a milk blister a couple of days ago. This has resolved itself however it is still agony when he latches on to that side. Does anyone know how to treat a milk blister? It is not white anymore but is still really painful and there is a red mark where the blister was. I am in tears when he latches on and it is really getting to me as he is a bottle refuser so all the pressure is on me to feed through the pain. Thanks in advance

butternut22 Tue 21-Jul-15 14:25:00

Anyone? It's getting worse. I'm in agony every time he latches on!

chumbler Tue 21-Jul-15 14:27:08

nipple shields, lanolin?

chumbler Tue 21-Jul-15 14:27:42

try feeding lying down so that latch is as deep as poss

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Tue 21-Jul-15 14:29:23

Hi, didn't want to read and run. That's sounds so painful sad

Is there anything helpful here: kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/nipplebleb/

KanyesVest Tue 21-Jul-15 14:30:31

Have you looked at www.kellymom.com for advice? Great info here

chloechloe Tue 21-Jul-15 19:26:42

I don't really have any advice - maybe Lansinoh cream and nipple shields? I just wanted to offer my sympathies really - this happened to me at the weekend and it was absolute agony. Hope it clears up soon you poor thing!

butternut22 Tue 21-Jul-15 19:31:43

Thanks all. I am using a nipple shield on the bad side and it is less painful. Nipple shields feel a bit odd though. I hope it heals!! Thanks for the support!

singmelullabies Tue 21-Jul-15 19:39:50

I used paraffin gauze on a really deep crack, along with lansinoh and expressing instead of feeding on that side (although if your ds won't take a bottle that might not help). The only thing with paraffin gauze is that you have to clean it off before feeding but it does work really well. You would need to get it from gp or pharmacy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now