Talk

Advanced search

Night weaning 12 month old breastfeeding

(5 Posts)
Iwantiwantiwant Thu 16-Jul-15 09:10:11

Hello, I'm after some advice from all you lovely people, regarding night nursing and Return of AF.

My DD is nearly 12m, she eats very well through the day, but also loves breastfeeding. Through the day it doesn't matter so much, but come night time, she is a boob monster.

We co sleep so she helps herself, has a little nibble and then falls back to sleep or she stays latched and will se me as a dummy all night long. If I try to remove my boob she screams and screams.

We are wanting to start TTC but need my AF to return.

My question is, did you AF return while you were still feeing at night or did you have to night wean? I know it's varies from person to person, but would love to see how you guys found it. wink

Joan500 Thu 16-Jul-15 18:27:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lucidlady Thu 16-Jul-15 18:29:46

Right Joan, very helpful thank you...

OP I am in the exact same situation and wanting to night wean a 10 month old boob monster but no idea how to do it so watching with interest to see if anyone has any advice!

willbillycome Thu 16-Jul-15 19:05:07

My af returned around 11month stage when my dd naturally night weaned (she had been a boob monster then within a week was sleeping through!)

We did not actively ttc but became pregnant with dc2 when she was 16 months(a month after stopping altogether)

I've seen threads for ttc whilst still breastfeeding, they may be a good place to get answers. Good luck

NorahBone Thu 16-Jul-15 21:44:50

I feed my son (20m) last thing at night and early morning and, whilst my periods returned after stopping the mini pill a few months ago, the hormones do still seem to be interfering with my cycle, which is about a week longer than normal.
I found a baby bottle with water in was surprisingly helpful for night weaning. He drank loads the first night but by the end of the week he was sleeping through. If he wakes up now he's fine with just a cuddle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now