Talk

Advanced search

Bit worried - blocked duct or lump?

(4 Posts)
figginz Wed 15-Jul-15 19:17:26

Could any of you wise MNers calm me down please?

Baby 7 months, ebf. Weaning going well and appetite for food has picked up in last week or so. At same time, milk feeds have shifted - at her request - to every 4 hours in day roughly. This has happened over last 3-4 days.

Have a lump in my right breast. Noticed it last night, it was sore to the touch. Pebble size. I wasn't too worried as I thought maybe she just hasn't had much milk. Fed her this morning from that side, bit inbetween too, and again just now. She fed well. Lump is still there, not as sore admittedly, but feels like it's the same size. Don't feel bad otherwise, no engorgement or fever that would make me think it's mastitis.

Does this just sound like a blocked duct, or should I go to the gp and get it checked out? For some reason it's really bothering me. Am not quite thinking straight.

Thank you.

Liveinthepresent Wed 15-Jul-15 19:24:10

I used to get blocked ducts quite frequently when I returned to work it is very likely it is that as you are feeding less. Mine were sore which I don't think a lump would necessarily be.
Have a look on kellymom website - it is a fantastic source of info and will help you diagnose and try to unblock it.
Am not an expert but I wouldn't worry too much. Hope that helps

girliefriend Wed 15-Jul-15 19:28:44

Please get it checked, probably is nothing to worry about but I do know of someone where it was more serious (like you discovered a lump when bfing) probably nothing but worth getting checked anyway!

figginz Wed 15-Jul-15 21:59:19

Thanks both thanks . Having a read of Kellymom and will try some warm compresses and expressing. (Takes me back to newborn days!) And yes might well get it checked out just to be sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now