Talk

Advanced search

Infant Gaviscon for reflux

(3 Posts)
libertinelou Wed 15-Jul-15 12:22:23

My nearly 10 week old son has been on infant gaviscon since he was about 3 weeks old. It was working well until recently so I've just been to docs to discuss the dosage as he is now over 10lbs. The instructions on the packet say 1 sachet in 4oz of formula for babies under 10lbs and 2 sachets in 8oz formula for babies over 10lbs. We're giving him 6 x 5oz bottles a day so GP said to put 1.5 - 2 sachets in each of these bottles. Has anyone else done this? I'm concerned he will become constipated.

Keepsmiling1 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:51:09

If you're only making 5oz bottles then I would stick with 1 sachet. When you're up to 6/7oz bottles then I'd increase it. That's only based on my experience though as my DD became very constipated when we increased her dose! You could maybe make 6oz bottles with 1.5 sachets and then there will only be an oz waste?

Marshpillow Wed 15-Jul-15 21:14:25

I only added the double sachet to half of my DD's feeds, usually the afternoon and evening ones as that was when she was more uncomfortable. She wasn't constipated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now