Talk

Advanced search

To much milk for baby... Advice needed??

(4 Posts)
Lonelylass1218 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:00:37

My lo is a few days shy of 9months. She is a happy and health baby apart from eczema which is under control. She is a very long/slim baby every doctor it has said how she is very petite but have no concerns as she is on the 25th centile for weight and 90th for height.

She is drinking 7oz in morning and 6oz at lunch then at bed time it's anything from 9oz to 13 oz. More towards the 13oz. I am having to make two bottles for bedtime as it only holds 9oz in one.

Lo eats well and drinks juice/water in the day.

Is 13oz in one sitting normal or should I be worried about how hungry lo is? Health visitor said she should be having 3 7oz bottles so lo is having 5/6 oz to much

Lonelylass1218 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:12:57

Anyone??

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 14-Jul-15 21:19:19

I wouldn't worry too much. My ds is 10 months and has only just started to reduce milk intake. Until recently he was having 4 bottles of 7oz a day. In the last few weeks it's been 3 of 7oz and he doesn't finish the nighttime bottle. He is 91st percentile for length and weight.

Lonelylass1218 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:22:09

Lo used to have 4 bottles a day 7oz,6oz, 4oz then 9oz at bedtime then I removed the 4oz one and replaced with a snack and juice which was fine until recently so I don't know if I should bring it back or if the 13oz in one sitting is ok I think it wood be very filling and sickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now