Talk

Advanced search

Quick question (didn't know where to post it sorry) help?

(10 Posts)
Rebecca1608 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:31:48

I've got 6 week old ID girls. For the first few weeks it was hard getting a feeding routine and they weren't sleeping the same time etc. Now they do and feed at the same time my problem is the last few feeds they have gone 5-6 hours before wanting their feed. Is this bad? As obviously i would happily set my alarm for night feeds at 3/4 hours or whatever..... thanks.

Baguettes Sat 11-Jul-15 19:34:23

Hi op, you might want to ask HQ to move this to the feeding forum. There will be tons of people there who can give more specific answers (although the ladies on the pregnancy board will certainly help you out if we can!). You can click on report post to ask HQ to move it. smile

Congrats on your lovely girls.

Rebecca1608 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:36:13

Aah ok thankyou! smile

Rebecca1608 Sat 11-Jul-15 21:13:29

Anyone??

PenguinPoser Sat 11-Jul-15 21:17:07

Hard to say for definite but at 6 weeks if they are gaining weight appropriately, and lots of wet and dirty nappies then they are probably getting enough milk. Unless they are drowsy for some other reason then babies normally let you know when they're hungry! And feeding on demand is fine whether they're on breast or bottle.
Hope someone else can offer some better wisdom!

Rebecca1608 Sat 11-Jul-15 21:22:17

Yes Lots of wet and dirty nappies. They were born at 35 weeks 4lbs 5 and 4lbs 6 now 8lbs.

MrsAukerman Sun 12-Jul-15 04:13:04

I would say fine at night if weight gain and nappies good. In the day aim for 3 hourly so that they're getting enough overall.

purplemurple1 Sun 12-Jul-15 05:35:59

I was told to look at 24hr intake of milk and not worry about how often they ate.
From memory at that age its 150ml per 1kg that they should have over 24hrs.

BeautifulBatman Sun 12-Jul-15 05:40:53

No, it's not bad - enjoy the break! If they're making lots of dirty nappies and putting weight on, carry on as you are. Nice one!

TheEagle Sun 12-Jul-15 07:03:56

rebecca, if they are gaining weight, having plenty of wet/dirty nappies and have some periods of alertness during the day then I say : enjoy that sleep! Don't wake the sleeping baby!

My twins are 12 weeks old and after an early evening feeding frenzy both will do 5/6 hours (one of my chaps will sometimes do 7). I'm delighted after my DS1, who usually only slept 3.5 hours in a row at most!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now