Talk

Advanced search

Back to work- how much milk for 9 month ebf baby?

(4 Posts)
absterfabster21 Wed 08-Jul-15 20:56:17

My baby is only 14 weeks at the moment but I'm wondering how much milk he will be drinking and when for when I go back to work? He will be 9 months old by then. Will he still likely be feeding during the day? I was hoping to just be feeding morning and bedtime by then if it's possible and healthy for him.

Thanks.

Mrscog Wed 08-Jul-15 20:59:48

You might get away with morning and bedtime by then - what time will you be collecting him? You might need to do morning, straight after collecting (my DS liked an immediate 'reconnection') then bedtime, but if weaning is going well I think it might work. (Especially if you add in some extra milk in food - I used to make up ready brek with formula)

FoodieMum3 Wed 08-Jul-15 22:08:04

My ds is 9.5 months and feeds first thing in morning, around 12 mid day and then bedtime. I've just stopped the afternoon feed but actually had to give in and feed him this evening as he was unsettled hmm

Sorry if that's not helpful.

absterfabster21 Thu 09-Jul-15 23:21:26

That's good to know. Maybe I'll get away with just leaving one load of expressed milk with my mum for him. I'll be picking him up about 4.45pm most afternoons except a Friday where I get a half day. I just really don't want to be full and leak or have to express at work as I'm a teacher and my lunchtimes are busy enough as it is! Thanks for your advice! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now