Talk

Advanced search

one off formula for ebf baby?

(7 Posts)
chumbler Wed 08-Jul-15 20:13:51

has it worked for you? did it end your ebf? my DD is 4 months and I wonder about using formula now and again for me to have a night out? I know I could express and I do - im just wondering about this as finding if hard to find any time to express much!

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Wed 08-Jul-15 20:16:13

I didn't try formula until my DS was 6 months, but he would happily take any formula & go back to breast no probs

NobleLocks Wed 08-Jul-15 20:18:00

I did this and had no problems. I mixed fed for a year.

MaximumVolume Wed 08-Jul-15 20:20:36

DS had one feed of formula 2 weeks ago (@4.5 months) due to me having food poisoning. I tried to feed through but was dehydrated, so I thought it best to give myself a chance to recover.

He'll be having combo of formula & expressed milk for 24 hours in a few weeks as I'm off for a night away with friends. I'll pump & dump whilst I'm there as won't have facility to store it properly. He'll be 5.5 months when that happens. I plan to feed until he self-weans as with his older brother (who did at about 19 months).

chumbler Wed 08-Jul-15 20:46:46

brilliant thanks smile. I plan to ebf until she self weans too. how do you choose which formula to use?! I have no idea!

nuttybananas Wed 08-Jul-15 20:51:11

As I only used formula occasionally I bought the little cartons of ready made stuff. I bought one of each - and started her on the cheapest which was the hipp organic one. That was fine so on future shopping trips I bought more of that one...

MaximumVolume Thu 09-Jul-15 16:31:22

My decision process was the same as nutty's!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now