Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding 16wo twins who do not want to share- any advice?

(3 Posts)
Graciescotland Mon 06-Jul-15 21:54:00

For some reason my DTD now wail if I try and feed them both at the same time. It makes bedtime a bit of a challenge. Really don't have time to express/ bottlefeed. Girls will cry if not being fed as well so I'm sort of damned either way. Would love to hear some coping strategies if anyone else has been through this.

kavv0809 Mon 06-Jul-15 23:32:43

Sorry I only have limited advice but friend that had twins found the rugby hold helped as they couldn't see each other. One under each armpit with heads together at the boob iyswim. Congratulations on your girls, it does get easier she assures me.

FreeButtonBee Tue 07-Jul-15 11:13:39

agree on rugby hold - also maybe put a cushion or other small barrier between them.

Do you use a feeding cushion? It seemed to give mine their own space and allowed me to scoot them further down under my arms. (By the time they were a year old, my nipples pointed out rather than straight on! Thankfully, they returned to normal once I stopped feeding for a couple of months!)

I found a thin blanket or rigid cushion in the gap was useful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now