Talk

Advanced search

What should I do in this expressing situation?

(7 Posts)
Raveismyera Sun 05-Jul-15 22:30:38

First bottle of BM today, DH was supposed to give it for last feed but DC fell asleep and is still asleep. BM had been refrigerated (expressed this morning) warmed in a jug Of water and on the side for 2 hours now.
How long can I leave it out, and after that can I still put it back in the fridge to try tomorrow?

Thanks!

ReluctantCamper Sun 05-Jul-15 22:33:42

I wouldn't put it back in the fridge. I know it's heart breaking to throw away carefully harvested BM, but you don't want to make your baby ill.

Alanna1 Sun 05-Jul-15 22:36:41

In answer to your question - dreamfeed! No need to wake a sleeping baby just feed them in their sleep. Its a lovely thing to do as well. (Takes longer than when awake).

2 hours is at the margin especially if hot where you are, but you could taste it.

ReluctantCamper Sun 05-Jul-15 22:37:30

And, after 2 hours out of the fridge, I think the bottle has had it, the bacteria level will be getting too high, especially in this heat. Sorry. Best of luck for tomorrow.

Raveismyera Sun 05-Jul-15 22:42:42

Oh no! Google said that the milk itself could stay at room temperature for 6-8 hours before being thrown away. Maybe I could just leave it out and throw if she doesn't wake?

squizita Mon 06-Jul-15 19:23:35

You can use bm up to 4 hr after removing from fridge if it's not heated. You can't return it to the fridge though.

Raveismyera Mon 06-Jul-15 20:23:06

Thanks all. Last night age was asleep and I had to throw away- tonight attempt 1 has been unsuccessful. She screamed the place down when offered confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now