Talk

Advanced search

Night feeds - formula fed

(8 Posts)
Roseybee10 Fri 03-Jul-15 02:55:58

Just wondering how long your baby looked for a night feed when formula fed?
Dd1 gave up a night feed by about 10 weeks. Dd2 is 21 weeks and still looks for 1-2 bottles during the night.
I'm absolutely fine with that as she goes straight back to sleep after her feed but was just wondering when other babies started dropping night feeds as I'm in uncharted territory.

Swifey Fri 03-Jul-15 03:02:13

�� I've just hopped back into bed and am feeding my 6 week old ds, who usually wakes once or twice in the night, but .....ds1 had a feed in the night well into his 9th or 10th month! So I think it's a piece of string question, unfortunately! grin

Roseybee10 Fri 03-Jul-15 03:08:52

Thanks. Very true. Tbh as long as she keeps sleeping the way she's doing I don't mind. Dd 1 gave her night feed up early but was up 7-8 times a night for no reason, didn't want fed but wouldn't settle. Would far rather thus as I'm getting so much more sleep with dd2 even with getting up for feeds.

Buglife Fri 03-Jul-15 18:30:44

9 months was still having a feed at midnight and 4ish. He was having 3 large solids meals and about 25-30oz of milk in 24 hours, so I started feeling he may be doing it from habit! Then one night I tried him with a little water from his bottle instead at the first wake up and he was straight back to sleep. So then I decided to offer water before 4-5am and milk after (he often wakes at 5ish and milk usually means he'll go back to sleep until 7-8ish, I'm too soft and lazy to try and get rid of this feed!) and he was fine from the start. Maybe once or twice since (in about 4-5 weeks I think?) IVE fed h milk before then. It's taken until this week for him to them sleep through, he still woke even for the water, but I didn't want to do any other 'training' so I've been waiting it out.

Roseybee10 Fri 03-Jul-15 18:42:13

That sounds like a good idea :-)
Will defo try that when she's a bit bigger. She's draining 5-6oz in one night feed so think she defo needs that one but if she takes a second she only takes 2-3oz so that's probably just a habit one. X

purplemurple1 Fri 03-Jul-15 18:47:24

Dc 1 fed at 8pm, 11,2,5 from birth and dropped the 2 bottle at 2 months and dropped the 11bottle at 5 months when he started weaning and going to bed a bit latter.

Dc2 fed 7pm, midnight and 330 from around 4 weeks the 330 bottle is now (5months) between 4 and 5am.

purplemurple1 Fri 03-Jul-15 18:48:20

I've not encouraged them to drop night feeds or woken them for night feeds.
Dc 1 is just a very routine kid.

IdaClair Fri 03-Jul-15 18:53:38

First child formula fed From 5 weeks, night feeds more nights than not until around 21-22 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now