Weaning from the breast - HELP!

(5 Posts)
frogernoff Mon 29-Jun-15 16:35:23

So I'm planning a little early I know, but my son is 3 months old. I plan to breastfeed exclusively to 6 months (which he'll be on 8th October) but I'm planning to return to work full time on or around 1st November. How do I start weaning him when he feeds every 2 hours during the day? I know weaning is a slow process, but he'll only be just 7 months old when I return to work, so in theory, I'm only giving myself 4 weeks to wean him?! I also want to feed him in the morning and then at night from the breast but I don't know how to plan or where to start. It's stressing me out as I know I need to return to work but I don't want him to go without!! Expressing is out of the question as I've tried everything and never have been able to express very well. I can be at it constantly for 2 days and only get 3 ounces! Please can someone help with other options without expressing being one of them, as I'm one of those unfortunate ones who can't! sad

SoupDragon Mon 29-Jun-15 16:38:27

You start by dropping feeds one at a time, replacing them with a bottle of formula, leaving the ones you want to keep.

museumum Mon 29-Jun-15 16:53:02

It will work out. Honestly.
I remember being sooo stressed around 5mo about returning to work p/t at 6mo with a bottle refuser.
We introduced a cup of milk at 6mo along with various foods and he just got it.
At 7mo He had breakfast and a bf before nursery. Porridge at lunch then gradually more of the nursery lunch. Bf at pickup. Dinner at dinner. Bf at bedtime and once in the night.

Springtimemama Tue 30-Jun-15 21:46:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frogernoff Mon 06-Jul-15 11:13:28

Thanks for your replies, they've really helped!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now