Talk

Advanced search

night feeds

(12 Posts)
22Dee Sun 28-Jun-15 15:18:25

i mix half and half bf ff and give in a bottle. please bear with me for the long post...

his feeds are 7oz every 3 hours half n half.
3am. 6am. 9. 12. 3. 6pm then he has another about 8pm n sleeps till 3am. the 6am feed is a bf and he wakes at 8 n i use a dummy till 9.

im being selfish here but i need more sleep. after ive expressed, done bottles n wind down i go bed 11 or 12 n have 3hours till he wakes. after feeding n bottles etc im just getting another 2 hours sleep till 6am bf at which point im knackerd n just put him to the breast rather than mess about with bottles and expressing as my boobs are full at 6am and 10pm. after putting on boob he only goes 2hrs so i maybe get an hour more sleep coz he fusses. ive tried to have a ff ready to top up the 6am bf but hes sleep feeding and wont take it

by 2months is this schedule normal? i hear so many people say yheir babies sleep thru and they are so glad they can sleep. how can i get more sleep? please dont say go to bed at 9 i just dont get chance to.

im thinking i have to drop the 6am bf. but if i do then ill have to express so i wont sleep then anyway. unless i dont express then but if i dont ill loose my supply and i can see half n half becoming formula feeding only

hes a big lad born 9lb 5. 2 months old today. unsure of weight as hes due to be weighed but hes at very top percentile

luckiestgirlintheworld Sun 28-Jun-15 15:26:58

I'm afraid that sounds like a good nights sleep to be getting with a 2 month old. 8-3 is a 7 hour stretch! I would have been over the moon with that when DS was 2 months.

It might be a case of adjusting your expectations I'm afraid. And working out a way of somehow getting an earlier night- I think that is your priority.

22Dee Sun 28-Jun-15 15:45:08

i just replied but dont know where its gone... dam my fone

luckiestgirlintheworld Sun 28-Jun-15 16:52:56

You sent it to my PM inbox. I replied to your inbox.

butternut22 Sun 28-Jun-15 18:29:01

Sounds like a good night/feeding pattern to me. My 5 month old feeds every 1.5-2 hours all night still.

22Dee Sun 28-Jun-15 23:04:33

yes thanks

yes its a decent schedule... it just doesnt fit mine! i think next couple days im going to try waking him at 11 or 12 and hopefully it will delay his long stretch

be good if it was 12-6 instead of 9-3 smile

butternut22 Sun 28-Jun-15 23:56:14

Good luck. It's worth a try smile

LittleBearPad Mon 29-Jun-15 00:17:40

That sounds like pretty decent sleep, sorry.

Can I ask why you are expressing rather than just feeding him. Expressing is a pain and time-consuming. It may be adding faff.

PenguinPoser Mon 29-Jun-15 09:11:30

I think that sounds like more sleep than a lot of parents of 2 month olds! I know it's hard though. I have a 3.5 month old myself.
Not sure if I've missed something but if he's sleeping 8-3 why don't you go to bed earlier than 12?
Also not sure of the reasons for mix feeding - but agree with pp that expressing is a pain.
At 2 months old 5 hours is classed as 'sleeping through' - sorry!! The mantra sleep when baby sleeps sounds like a cliche but it is true.
Sending plenty of brewbrew your way.

PenguinPoser Mon 29-Jun-15 09:13:00

Sorry realised you said you don't get a chance to go to bed earlier.
Do you have someone to help out with things so you can get more sleep or even go an hour earlier?

NerrSnerr Mon 29-Jun-15 09:16:56

It sounds similar to when my daughter was that age. I don't think you can really change it too much as the baby will be waking when hungry as their stomachs are only small so need regular feeding.

It does get easier I promise. To be honest I just got used to waking up through the night.

NerrSnerr Mon 29-Jun-15 09:18:12

Is there a reason why you don't just breast feed all the time? Expressing is time consuming and I know it means other people can feed the baby but it might just be easier to do the feeds and drop the expressing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now