Gone off one boob?

(4 Posts)
icclemunchy Tue 23-Jun-15 20:26:04

DD is 5.5months and seems to have gone off one boob since her 3am feed last night. She'll still feed from it but is fussy and on off every minute or two. Do I just keep offering? Express from that side to keep supply up?

If it makes any diff it's the side that's always produced "less" (we were in nicu for 3weeks and even when expressing I'd get 2/3 of the other) and she has always had both sides in a feed. She doesn't seem hungrier or anything so guessing she's still getting enough

OhGood Tue 23-Jun-15 20:31:53

Huh. DS didn't like the right side when he was tiny newborn but I tricked him into it by feeding him on left and then quickly switching to the right but rugby ball style, so it was sort of like the left. I guess it's too late for that sort of trickery now?

Do you think she is teething or something, so one side is hurting?

Finally, with both of mine I ended up starting every feed on the right (which also always produced less) and ending on the left. Worked fine for me.

Good luck!

luckiestgirlintheworld Tue 23-Jun-15 20:35:13

I fed from only my left boob for about 3 months with DS. (From 7 months ish I think - til I stopped at 10 months).
My right produces much less and so he just refused it.

icclemunchy Tue 23-Jun-15 21:19:46

She's quite dinky but past me sliding her over rugby style lol, I'll just go with it for now then, we always feed right then left (right being the smaller/the one we're not keen on)

Teething is a possibility were drooling like nobody's business

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now