Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding whilst pregnant.

(5 Posts)
UpUpAndAway123 Sat 20-Jun-15 21:05:38

Hi Everyone,

My baby is 8 months old and just found out I am pregnant with number 3 (bit overwhelmed to say the least!).My lg is breastfed and I thought that we would continue to do so until she was 12 months (or before if she didn't want it). Now feel confused as to what to do as now panicking about how dh is going to settle her without a boob at night as I am probably going to have to go back to work earlier and on more hours than planned (for maternity pay); feel guilty for stopping but just don't know how much nutrition my body will provide a growing foetus and a bouncing baby; she's never been a great latcher but my nips are also killing!!!
Has anyone else been in this situation or struggled with similar feelings?
Thanks

tiktok Sat 20-Jun-15 22:47:52

Congrats smile

No need to stop bf; no need to make any decisions now; plenty of mothers bf throughout pg.

It's normal to do so.

It's also normal for some soreness to reappear on nipples - this passes, usually.

Give helplines a call. It's not an unusual situation and you can discuss options.

Victoria2002 Sat 20-Jun-15 23:08:13

Congratulations!
I'm in a FB group called "pregnant and/or tandem breastfeeders". Lots of good support there! If you want to b/f through pregnancy you can despite myths about causing miscarriage or starving you of nutrition. It is very common for your milk to dry up at some stage in the pregnancy, your baby may dry nurse or loose interest (Many siblings start to feed again when the new baby comes). Many decisions to be made for you but don't rule out feeding baby till 12m as per your original plan.

Mamamia321 Mon 22-Jun-15 00:00:50

Hey. I have only just stopped feeding my now 3 year old 3 weeks ago and my number 3 baby is due in 3 weeks! I did not want t feed as long reall but he was very attached to my boobs! Just wanted to make sure I stopped before baby so he did not ame the baby. I can't lie it has been hard work stopping but wa sorted itching two weeks. Also he was wakin a lo in the night an now I m no feeding he is not. In hindsight I would try o stop a bit sooner simply to get one keep in!

UpUpAndAway123 Mon 22-Jun-15 09:25:23

Thanks everyone!
I have joined that Facebook group-thanks for the info :-)
Just going to take each day as it comes and make more decisions once I am further along x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now