Can I just stop?!

(3 Posts)
snowydrops Tue 16-Jun-15 22:40:49

I've been expressing for DD2 since 6wks when she decided she didn't want to BF anymore! She's 14wks now and my milk has dwindled gradually to the point where even though up until today I have expressed 4-5 X a day I only pump around 1oz a time now (total both beasts!) ive decided (reluctantly) to hang up the pump now as it seems pointless really hmmhmm I'm feeling sad about it but wonder if I can just stop or do I need to wean...? I get so little I think I can probably just stop? My boobs haven't felt full for weeks and I've never felt a let down so I guess I'm not likely to get blocked ducts? Does anyone know? Thanks

McBaby Wed 17-Jun-15 07:23:04

I would just reduce the number of times your pumping every few days so in about a two weeks your no longer expressing at all.

ReluctantCamper Wed 17-Jun-15 07:34:33

Only my experience, but I was pumping about 1oz and went cold turkey. It was fine. Kind of confirmed to me that what I was doing was pointless (and tiring!). Give it a try and keep an eye on your boobs maybe? If they start getting sore you could pump a bit.

Good luck. Formula fed babies do fine by the way. I FF my first son, and managed to bf my second. They're both healthy, the right weights and heights, smart etc. Hope all goes well for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now