Talk

Advanced search

Post breastfeeding boob questions

(4 Posts)
ohthegoats Tue 16-Jun-15 10:12:01

I last fed my daughter 12 days ago, I'd gone down to one feed a day for a fortnight or so before that. Since then I've had a milk blister on my right boob, so had to hand express a bit to help that clear, and have been hand expressing tiny amounts from left boob too just to reduce any lumpiness.

When I get up in the night (I only notice it at night, might happen other times but I'm using breast pads at the moment just in case), to feed her with a bottle, my boobs leak quite a lot.

I know that sometimes milk can take literally years to dry up properly, but:

a) How long did it take for your boobs to stop feeling lumpy or slightly full?
b) How long did it take for your boobs to stop doing a bit of random leaking?

BakingBunty Thu 18-Jun-15 20:30:35

My boobs took a good three weeks to calm down, even though I tailed off really slowly like you. Once they calmed down, they calmed down really fast IYSWIM - I went from being really uncomfortable and leaky one day to fine the next.

feekerry Fri 19-Jun-15 21:21:35

First time round prob 2 ish weeks before my boobs stopped feeling hard and lumpy. Second time round a matter of days.
Whilst actively bf I have always leaked badly. I stopped bf this time round at 15m and I still occasionally leak a tiny bit!!! That was 3 months ago!!! It's not really noticable tho!

ohthegoats Sat 20-Jun-15 17:36:51

Well, I think last night might have been 'it' - or at least a proper sign of 'it'. Fed her in the night (bottle), and didn't leak.. woke up this morning, no lumps either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now