Talk

Advanced search

Boobs never did go hard or tight

(7 Posts)
Holden10 Sun 14-Jun-15 20:51:32

Weird one, I am ebf and ds thriving, gaining weight etc, but I don't feel milk let down, boobs never engorged and I never got the hard boobs when my milk came in, it just happened one day. Is this normal?! Just curious. Tia grin

Luckystar1 Sun 14-Jun-15 20:59:02

I'm not sure if it's common, but I had the same experience as you. In fact I have only had 'hard' boobs about 3 times in the 8 months I've been feeding DS. My DS is 75th centile and has (touch wood!) never strayed from his line, so I know there's definitely milk there!

ThomasDisaster Sun 14-Jun-15 21:05:02

That's how it was for me when I fed DS so I was not impressed when I woke up a few days after having DD to find my boobs were solid and sore. When I fed her my boob looked bigger than her head grin

DS was a hungry baby and started on 91st centile before shooting off the chart for a few months so I also knew he must have been getting plenty of milk.

I'm not sure what made this time different?

Luckystar1 Sun 14-Jun-15 21:13:25

Perhaps our hungry babies didn't give our boobs a chance to get engorged!

Holden10 Mon 15-Jun-15 05:19:51

That sounds about the measure of it lucky grin

coniferssilhouette Mon 15-Jun-15 08:59:14

I got both of those (and still do at 17 months sometimes) but I had an enormous oversupply and a baby who couldn't really latch very well.

Some women don't get any of those things, my let down was absolute agony so I'm jealous!

Discopanda Tue 16-Jun-15 23:44:03

You're very lucky! Some women simply don't get hard lumpy boobs because different boobs can store different amounts of milk, n.b. this is regardless of the breast size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now