Talk

Advanced search

Alcohol free cider whilst expressing?

(19 Posts)
Koalafications Sat 13-Jun-15 21:30:39

This may be the most ridiculous question but am I ok to have alcohol free cider whilst I am expressing? Even though it's advertised as alcohol free there is 0.05% alcohol in it.

DD is in NICU and I haven't slept properly for two weeks so I am wondering if I am thinking straight...

artex Sat 13-Jun-15 21:32:36

Yes. Absolutely. Hope your drink is delicious & the pump successful

Lots of luck to you & your DC

ThursdayLast Sat 13-Jun-15 21:33:47

I'm sure it'll be fine smile

gamerchick Sat 13-Jun-15 21:33:48

Yes it's fine. A proper beer would be fine as well if you would rather. Very little alcohol goes into milk and it leaves the milk like it leaves the blood anyway.

Sorry to hear that, I hope things are on the up soon flowers

schmalex Sat 13-Jun-15 21:35:33

There is 0.05% alcohol in orange juice. You will be fine. Good luck!

FlossieTreadlight Sat 13-Jun-15 21:52:34

Enjoy wine

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sat 13-Jun-15 21:54:44

Yes. Similar alcohol content to oj
smile

Koalafications Sat 13-Jun-15 21:58:25

Thanks all. I was sure it would be fine but then I got a bit panicked and didn't want to risk it.

I'm enjoying the alcohol free Koppaberg I haven't had one since before I was pregnant!

gamer good to know I could have a beer and still be fine! smile

squizita Tue 16-Jun-15 19:41:46

You could have had the 0% cider when pregnant too ... unless you planned to abstain from fruit juice, as PP say it's the same! grin
Even a small normal beer would be fine, though I can understand not wanting to.

Koalafications Tue 16-Jun-15 19:44:43

squizita I was paranoid about doing anything 'wrong' whilst I was pregnant and avoided the alcohol free drinks and loads of other stuff too. If I had known that shout orange juice I think I would have avoided that too!

Koalafications Tue 16-Jun-15 19:44:58

*about

Trooperslane Tue 16-Jun-15 19:47:24

Yep. Similar content to pure juice.

Congrats op x

Trooperslane Tue 16-Jun-15 19:48:48

Midwife advice to me 2 years ago was if you're ok to drive, you're ok to feed.

And when dd gets home that means having a drink while you're feeding her is ok that totally freaked me out but google it

KatyN Wed 17-Jun-15 13:43:43

Booze free kolppaberg?? Where sells it please?
I recently rediscovered cider and then fell pregnant!

SnozzberryPie Wed 17-Jun-15 13:54:54

It is fine; when bf you can have a few drinks and still feed. So long as you aren't actually falling over drunk the amount which goes to the baby will be negligible. If you are worried then time it so you have just fed the baby when you have a drink.

Congratulationsand I hope your dd is discharged soon

Koalafications Wed 17-Jun-15 14:01:14

KatyN I've seen it in Morrisons, Sainsburys, Tesco and the Co-Op. It's normally right next to the alcoholic Koppaberg. smile

Koalafications Wed 17-Jun-15 14:01:53

Thanks for the reassurance, all.

squizita Wed 17-Jun-15 15:46:13

There is a soft drink called Cidona (Irish aisle of London Tescos) that tastes like cider but isn't. Cheaper than 0% kopparberg.

Osmiornica Thu 18-Jun-15 21:23:21

These drinks don't have 0.05% alcohol in them .. they have less than which means it can have anything from 0-0.05 which is trivial amounts.
I'd not be suprised if 0.05 was the error margin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now