Talk

Advanced search

Nutramigem? Followed from Calpol for reflux

(9 Posts)
Halleberry Wed 10-Jun-15 12:50:38

Hi all, I made a post about Calpol for reflux recently. I seeny gp today who has puty baby girl on this milk to try for one week and see if it is a milk allergy (baby cries all the time and seems in pain all the time). Anyone tried this and did it help? X

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 11-Jun-15 07:55:10

Cal pol isn't the best for reflux, especially if your baby has Cow's Milk Protein Allergy (CMPA) as lots of babies with CMPA react with it.

Has your GP referred you to a Paed? Ideally your baby needs referring to a Paed Dietician too.

Have a read of this on CMPA and see what you think

Halleberry Thu 11-Jun-15 10:16:46

We have tried everything and seen a pead. We really have. My DD problems started when we moved onto powder milk from ready made. I know a lot say it's the same and although it has the same nutritional values they are different in a lot ofnways and apparently digest better. I'm at my wits end here sad unless being held she cries and is never happy and always seems sore. Even when held she lets out a cry in her sleep a lot x I have honestly tried it all except going back to ready made which im considering x

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 11-Jun-15 10:21:54

We had aptamil pepti which was powder and dd was a different baby. have you not fed her the milk yet?

It's possible it was her age and her development that altered the reaction as opposed to powder vs ready made.

I'd try it.

Halleberry Thu 11-Jun-15 10:39:09

She started on SMA gold ready made and was fine, then we switched to powder when she was about 10 days old. Then she was so unsettled it was frightening. Then we were told to try aptimal. Neber worked so we were told to go back (all this under Gp advice btw)then we got ranitidine and gaviscon which never worked and now we are on day two of the allergy prescribed milk Incase that's what's been bothering her. But it's almost constant sad I love her dearly but so hard to enjoy when she is constantly crying xx

TheXxed Thu 11-Jun-15 10:42:45

can you not go back to ready made?

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 11-Jun-15 10:48:39

Are you still using the medication?

Lonelylass1218 Fri 12-Jun-15 21:39:52

If it's reflux ready made milk will make it worse as its thinner than powder milk so easier to be brought up again. My lo had all the same symptoms and was put on nitramigen I don't think it made much difference to be honest but over a few weeks I changed her back to aptamil as nitramigen. Was doing nothing and all of a sudden symptoms had gone. They said it was more than likely a cow milk protein allergy which went away as they normally do by a few months old. Calpol will do nothing for reflux. Try some dentinox in a bottle before bed and once or twice during the day, elevate cot, hold up after a feed for 20mins, give some sips of cooled boiled am water between feed to cool throat and try anti colic bottles.

Halleberry Sat 13-Jun-15 22:26:04

Tried all that .... All
Of them. Made no difference. So we are back to the very start. We are back to the bottles she got from the hospital as a new born. The nutramigen ran out today and after ALOT of research it turns out there is a big difference from
Powder to ready made. They both have the same nutritional values but they are very different and much easier for baby tummy to digest apparently. So we are going to try it. We have done everything else sad please pray this works x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now