Talk

Advanced search

Green poo!

(6 Posts)
Raveismyera Tue 09-Jun-15 19:33:47

My DD is 9 weeks old and ebf. For the last 2 days she has had a green poo nappy early evening. It's a generous smear and the nappies before and after are fine.

She does poo a lot, a good 6 dirty nappies a day. The main change I guess is she's started sleeping through so is going longer between feeds although she's fed on demand

Any ideas? Thanks!

MissSmiley Tue 09-Jun-15 19:47:22

I think it's lots of foremilk that can cause green poo but it's been a while so I might be wrong.
Can be a problem if she's not getting enough hind milk but I'd say if she's sleeping through it's not that. Has she been having extra short feeds to quench her thirst with the weather being warmer?

Raveismyera Tue 09-Jun-15 20:08:30

That's the first thing I thought of but it seems odd it's only one green nappy amongst many? I'm not noticing any difference in her feeds

tiktok Tue 09-Jun-15 23:13:06

Well on the normal spectrum. All babies have this occasionally. Please don't worry about fore or hind milk.

Raveismyera Wed 10-Jun-15 09:06:30

Thanks tiktok!

Purl1Knit1 Wed 10-Jun-15 09:14:14

Yes, DS does this from time to time. If it continued being green for days, I'd contact your HV for reassurance, but as long as he seems well, it's probably fine.

It's something to do with fore/hind milk imbalance, but really nothing to worry about - don't feel you have to change anything about his feeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now