Talk

Advanced search

Don't want to waste milk!

(8 Posts)
Discopanda Wed 03-Jun-15 21:53:09

Hi, 7 week old is currently EBF but trying to get her used to the occasional bottle so I can eventually have an evening out. We tried Tommy Tippee twice which she wouldn't take so put the expressed milk into 3 year old's bedtime milk then tried a munchkin latch which she did take a couple of weeks ago but I've tried again tonight and she isn't taking it, can I try with the same milk tomorrow if I resteralise the teat?

33goingon64 Wed 03-Jun-15 22:16:23

Not sure I understand what you mean but I don't think you can reuse milk.

Eminado Wed 03-Jun-15 22:18:02

Try a NUK latex teat and bottle.

Discopanda Wed 03-Jun-15 22:42:34

I'm really tired so babbling in typing form! Bugger, I don't want to chuck it :-(

TheRoseAndTheFire Wed 03-Jun-15 22:52:01

If the baby has tasted it and/or it's been warmed up you can't reuse it I'm afraid. Bacteria grows rapidly in milk and it's just not worth the risk. You have to chuck it.

I know from bitter experience how frustrating it is to throw away expressed milk. I used to give my DD an oz at a time to minimise waste if I wasn't positive she'd drink it all.

Discopanda Wed 03-Jun-15 22:55:13

She took this brand of bottle before, maybe she was over-tired because she bf a bit after refusing it. I might give it to DP to have in his breakfast smoothie ha ha!

basilflower Sat 06-Jun-15 10:10:50

This link might help you...

http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/milkstorage/reusing-expressedmilk/

Springtimemama Sat 06-Jun-15 12:05:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now