Talk

Advanced search

Will a dummy (or formula) help?

(4 Posts)
Totality22 Sun 31-May-15 08:06:51

My baby doesn't sleep!!!

She is 4 months and doesn't go longer than 4 hours (rarely - its usually closer to 3 hours actually) and she uses boob as comfort so she can be on for an hour before she is asleep and I take her off.

We co-sleep which helps although OH is on the sofa so not ideal but for every 3 -4 hours she sleeps I only get 2-3 hours?

I have a toddler and I am so sick of being so tired.

I really don't want to go to formula [baby hates bottles - even with expressed milk] but could a dummy help?

Or should I tough it out?

Imeg Sun 31-May-15 08:10:00

I bet you have already tried this but I used to actively offer mine feeds more often than he asked for it during the day (eg every 2 hours even when he was 5 months or so), and I think this did help him wake up a bit less at night. Didn't make him magically sleep through or anything, but helped a bit. I can imagine this would be trickier with a toddler around though, and we weren't co-sleeping so not sure if that would make a difference.
Hope it gets better soon...

Totality22 Sun 31-May-15 09:13:25

Thanks.

Yep she doesn't feed as often or for as long in the day - no matter how often I offer. She is quite easily distracted at the moment as well.

I guess its just a case of ploughing on. She'll sleep eventually?

araminem Sun 31-May-15 09:24:35

Uh. I want to know too. 3.5 month old here who is the same. And the last 2 nights have been even worse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now