Talk

Advanced search

Anyone Awake? help pls

(7 Posts)
Twistedheartache Fri 15-May-15 00:55:35

Dd2 6.5 months, mix fed usually bf for 15-20 mins max. More often 10 mins than 20.
She's been latched on for 42 mins. I tried to understand suction her & failed.
I need to sleep.
She normally only wakes once per night around 3.
Also if relevant breast in question has felt heavy & lumpy & painful all day but no obvious napoleon's cracking/white thrush spots
Any ideas folks?

Twistedheartache Fri 15-May-15 00:57:47

* unsuction
* nipple
Stupid autocorrect

Weekipper Fri 15-May-15 01:00:13

Is she actively sucking? Try unlatching again but more firmly.

Shop Fri 15-May-15 01:02:07

Hey I'm up bf my 6 month old who usually only wakes once around 4.

Could be a growth spurt, feeling a little unwell or something?

My dd has woken because we've been out and about all day & she's too nosy to eat properly so is making up for it now!! My breasts can still get sore & lumpy occasionally if she's not fed as much/as long.

BaronVonShush Fri 15-May-15 01:04:52

OK, I am going to sound really annoying here but, is she teething? Maybe she needs soothing.

Do you co-sleep? Could you lie down and feed her?

I am sorry I don't have any advice on your lumpy breast. Is the fact that DD is still at that breast helping that kind of pain?

I hope you get rest.

Twistedheartache Fri 15-May-15 01:06:47

In the time it took me to post it unmatched her successfully, and it must have been worth it coz breast pain & lumpiness seems to have gone. Just a sore nipped now. Guess my wriggling didn't help the latch.

Maybe it's weaning relate? Growth spuspurt? Who knows....fingers crossed that's it for the night & she decides to have a lie in....

Thanks for your replies

Twistedheartache Fri 15-May-15 01:14:04

Baron xpost - I'd say yes to teething if it wasn't for DD1 having teething symptoms for 8 months before we finally got a tooth!
She has symptoms & for a really chilled out easy baby has been cranky on and off all week but no actual visible signs of a tooth so I'll believe it when I see it.
Would love to co sleep but the 4 year old with long uncontrolled limbs is already in the space.
Night all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now