Talk

Advanced search

Low Supply After Being Ill

(7 Posts)
Countryside14 Wed 18-Feb-15 18:11:22

Can anyone help? Is had a fever and aches for 3 days then last might started with diarrhoea and since then it's been constant (Tmi sorry)

My supply has dropped so much. My dd is 10 months but eats hardly any solids so still feeds a lot. This afternoon her nappy was very dry and smelt strong and was slightly darker. So I no she's not got enough since last night althogh seems ok in herself.

Has this ever happened to you and can I recover my supply?

Countryside14 Wed 18-Feb-15 18:19:22

Also my let down is sooooo slow she had to work for ages to get anything as a result of low supply too sad

penny13610 Wed 18-Feb-15 18:19:28

You and DD risk dehydration. Top her up with something and concentrate on getting better yourself. Your supply should pick up when you are better.

Countryside14 Wed 18-Feb-15 18:24:51

I can keep fluids in but not food atm. I really hope so. She will have 2oz from a bottle at the most. I feel so bad for her and I really don't want to wean yet.

penny13610 Wed 18-Feb-15 19:11:02

Rope in all the support you can, physical and emotional.

I had terrible flu whilst bf twins. I ended up hospitalised, DTs got nurtured and ff by DP and DF (I wish I was a fly on the wall to that one), everyone cried a lot. BUT as I got better, we got back to bf. DF's GF stepped in and insisted I was waited on hand and foot.

It can be done, ask for as much help as you need and then a bit more.
Good luck and don't panic

Countryside14 Wed 18-Feb-15 19:41:25

Thank you.

So glad it worked out for you x

penny13610 Wed 18-Feb-15 19:58:29

flowers here's hoping you are feeling better in the next couple of days.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: