Talk

Advanced search

4.5 months - what could this be?

(7 Posts)
misskipper Mon 16-Feb-15 14:16:37

Hi, Am really hoping someone can help me with my DD. I'm a ftm. If this is long and a bit jumbled I apologise....lack of sleep!!

She's a happy and alert little girl, very smiley. She was ebf until 10 weeks and is now mix fed. She has mostly ff during the day and has bf top ups/comfort. If she wakes for a feed in the night she is bf.

Every feed I give her during the day is sicked back up...more than mere posseting but not all at once...can come and go for a couple of hours. She has gone through phases of this being better and worse.

Today I can't lie her on her back as she will cry (loudly) and when I pick her up she is sick. This the same if bf or ff. She has gone from feeding every 3 hours to feeding every 2 or so. She doesn't finish her bottle though. About 2/3 mostly. It's like having a new born again. Except naps are short.

Over night we have no issues due to feeding. She sleeps really well from her 10pm feed until about 3am, when I bf her, then fusses for her dummy until her 7am feed...not crying though.

Help! Growth spurt, reflux, regression, teething something else?!

Thanks for reading smile x

FlossieTreadlight Mon 16-Feb-15 14:19:17

Sounds like reflux to me (disclaimer - am parenting amateur, not hcp). They can comfort drink because while drinking they aren't reflux ing the acid - might explain increase in feeds? Is her weight gain good and consistent?

PragmaticWench Mon 16-Feb-15 14:19:35

I could be wrong but it sounds to me like reflux, possibly caused by cows milk protein allergy. Not lactose intolerance as she's not throwing up your breast milk.

PragmaticWench Mon 16-Feb-15 14:21:02

Actually I might have misread that.

FlossieTreadlight Mon 16-Feb-15 14:21:06

Sorry, just reread... Rather unhelpfully though it could also be all of the above instead/as well! See a GP who could prescribe stay-down formula. Hope all is well

misskipper Mon 16-Feb-15 14:22:06

Thanks for the quick reply flossie. Her weight has be on track so far. Am taking her to be weighed tomorrow just to make sure.

FlossieTreadlight Tue 17-Feb-15 12:15:31

How was the weigh in?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: