Talk

Advanced search

4 week old son's feeding pattern completely messed up!

(3 Posts)
CaitlinElizabeth Sun 08-Feb-15 23:03:00

My little Bertie is being a weirdo!

For the past four weeks, he has worked like clockwork - waking every 3-4 hours for a feed and taking anything from 60 - 150 ml (he was 8lbs 9 oz born, so had quite the appetite) he's formula fed and for someone who had their heart set on Breastfeeding, I'm still feeling the old mothers guilt! Anyway that's a different matter!

For the past two days now, he's been having a few feeds where he's gone seven hours before being remotely interested in feeding....

So yesterday he went -

4.30 pm - 11.30 pm @ 60ml
11.30 - 5.30 am @150 ml
5.30 -9.30 am @ 150 ml
9.30 - 4.30 pm @ 150 ml

Now waiting for 11.30 to roll on by and see if he's at all interested. He's still having wet nappies, he can be soothed if he has a grizzle and he seems otherwise content - it's just very worrying after he was so consistent!

It says on the aptamil box (I don't expect my baby to follow guidelines or manuals as he's an individual) but they say at 4-8 weeks a baby should be having 150ml and taking 5 feeds in 24 hours... So if he follows two more seven hour cycles he'll be having 5 feeds in 25 hours... I just don't know!

Greenstone Mon 09-Feb-15 14:31:22

Not sure about this so bumping for you. He is not taking any feed between 9.30 am and 4.30pm? That sounds too long to me but others may be better placed to advise. Does he just not take the bottle if offered?

Trooperslane Mon 09-Feb-15 14:39:03

Growth spurt!

or that's what I said all the time

They get you tricked into thinking there's a routine but it changes all the time.

envy Of your new born snuggles and cuddles.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: