Talk

Advanced search

Feeding more at night than during the day

(6 Posts)
LittleMissPear Thu 05-Feb-15 08:31:25

My 5.5 month old DS has never slept very well but has got much worse in the last month. I have noticed however that he is feeding a lot more at night than he used to (comfort and associates feeding with going back to sleep) but recently he isn't asking for food that much in the daytime. I do offer him a boob at regular intervals throughout the day and he always has a few sucks but never a big feed and it feels like my supply has dipped now during the day (although boobs do get fuller again overnight). Has he just got into a bad habit? What can I do to switch him back to day feeds and sleep at night?!

LittleMissPear Fri 06-Feb-15 09:40:26

Bump

stargirl1701 Fri 06-Feb-15 13:20:48

Me too. DD2 is 25 weeks. I think the world is too interesting for them! I feed lying down and co-sleep to get max sleep.

stargirl1701 Fri 06-Feb-15 13:21:43

kellymom.com/bf/normal/reverse-cycling/

stargirl1701 Fri 06-Feb-15 13:29:01

kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/distractible-baby/

Heatherbell1978 Sun 08-Feb-15 10:42:05

Same with my 5.5 month old. Although some days he will take more, all very random. He's ff and wakes twice in the night for food. First wake is normally 11/12 and we give him a full bottle then but we're trying to give him just 3oz or so when he wakes at 4am ish. He would take a full bottle but he's hungrier in the morning if we limit it. Once he gets to 6 months I'm going to start replacing it with water. Hopefully that's encourage him to eat more in the day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: