Talk

Advanced search

Things you love about breast feeding

(44 Posts)
MouseInTheSkirting Wed 04-Feb-15 00:01:59

Just to celebrate and help keep us motivated through the long, sleepless nights - what do you love about feeding your baby?

I love the face she makes when she pops off my boob - she stretches her neck out, raises her eyebrows (she doesn't actually have eyebrows but I don't know what to call that bit that should!) and falls straight to sleep - often with my nipple in her ear!

When she's basically fallen asleep and I try to remove her and she does frantic sucking it reminds me of when you turn off the tv and someone wakes up and says 'I was watching that!'

How about you?

birchwoodroad Wed 04-Feb-15 00:24:29

That's so sweet!!!

It's the very serious look of concentration my dd has on her face as she feeds. Eyes looking straight ahead, getting down to the job. If she's in a fbny position she'll protest by opening her mouth to do a small cry, but she won't actually make a sound, it's a bit like when cats do the fake miaowing to get attention!

MouseInTheSkirting Wed 04-Feb-15 01:01:24

Ah yes! My little one takes feeding very seriously too!

Mummygadgetgeek Wed 04-Feb-15 01:05:25

I love how dd lays her hand on my chest and pats occasionally, just like she's making sure that I'm still there attached to my boobs!

And how sometimes during the day when she is feeding she looks up at me, pops off the boob and gives me a massive grin, and then goes back to feeding again.

TobyLerone Wed 04-Feb-15 01:11:11

DD is 13mo and I love it when she signs for milk. And yesterday, after she'd finished, she looked at me and said "mmmmmmm" smile

Josie314 Wed 04-Feb-15 02:06:00

My DD does the massive grin thing too!

She is one now, and I also love how still she is while she eats. I feel like it is the only time I get to really look at her nowadays.

She also runs her free hand over my arms and chest and plays with my hair, which makes me feel loved.

BiscuitsofYum Wed 04-Feb-15 02:09:37

Since ds was born just before latching he'd shake his head from side to side with his mouth wide open and snorts a bit like a pig.
My ds does the neck stretch, eyebrow raise thing too, so cute!

MouseInTheSkirting Wed 04-Feb-15 02:47:00

Biscuits - my baby does he shaky head thing too! Rooting from side to side. So cute!

figginz Wed 04-Feb-15 03:19:25

Oh this is lovely, especially at 3am! I love DD's superman pose. When she comes off the beast milk drunk, with one tiny little clenched fist raised high above her head in triumph.

figginz Wed 04-Feb-15 03:20:33

off the breast, obviously. I don't call my boobs the beast smile

startwig1982 Wed 04-Feb-15 03:31:45

When my dd is really hungry and first latches on, her eyes roll in pleasure! It's so cute to watch. Plus she gets all excited and starts puffing when I get my nipple out!

MouseInTheSkirting Wed 04-Feb-15 04:26:37

Love the superman triumph pose and puffing with excitement! I'm up and feeding mine now at 4.30am... In fact I've not had any sleep at all so far today. Mine does sleepy sideways eyes, like a cliched spy, when she's slurping away.

figginz Wed 04-Feb-15 06:14:11

Oh yes, the steely sideways spy glare, as if she's checking I'm not planning on going anywhere!

Hope you're asleep now Mouse.

squizita Wed 04-Feb-15 13:17:36

The sideways mouth lunge cracks me up. As does the eyes shut grin of smugness when she unlatches full up. grin
Fitting into my pre pregnancy skinny jeans recently is another bonus!

squizita Wed 04-Feb-15 13:19:33

Oh and mine goes "mmmm Nom Nom Mmm. .." if she's particularly thirsty and having a good old suckle.

squizita Wed 04-Feb-15 14:38:28

...She's been on the boob 2 hr as she's teething a bit and grizzles.
I have never MN and fbed so much lol!! grin Imagine the hassle of this episode with bottles!shock

mummamarnis Thu 05-Feb-15 15:59:07

Bit lazy but what I love above all else is no sterilisation of bottles no washing up bottles no boiling kettles no measuring formula ect all I have to do is lift my top perfect temperature perfect food perfect comfort plus looking at my kids and thinking I made those rolls of fat and chubby cheeks and the fact my eldest never gets ill touch wood!!!

FoodieMum3 Thu 05-Feb-15 16:04:06

I love it when ds (4.5 months) takes a break, comes off, looks up at me with the biggest smile on his face and goes back feeding again.
I love how his hand looks for my finger to hold while he is feeding.

I love that 'I mean business', serious, look of concentration face he makes when he's starving and He's just begun his feed.

MsSampson Thu 05-Feb-15 16:05:44

Slightly missing the point but I like being able to eat cake without getting fat (ter)...

luckiestgirlintheworld Thu 05-Feb-15 16:08:01

Oh how I miss breastfeeding!!!

yougotafastcar Thu 05-Feb-15 16:08:36

So glad I found this thread.
DC2 is due soon and after struggling with DS, I really want to breastfeed this time but I'm terrified of the pain! All your comments here are lovely & made me smile smile

worldgonecrazy Thu 05-Feb-15 16:15:04

It's that look of sheer contentment when they finish and fall asleep and have that tortoise-smile on their faces. That kept me going through night feeds.

Once DD was a little older I loved the sleeeeeeep, when she could roll over and feed herself and I didn't have to wake up. Fabulous.

MissYamabuki Thu 05-Feb-15 16:18:43

I love it when he stops, looks up, smiles, gives a happy gurgle, then gets back to business.

The heartbreaking howls of impatience while I sit down and get myself ready, then the complete silence when he latches on, then the contented sigh, the relaxed little body and the quiet happy breathing smile

LillyEvans Thu 05-Feb-15 16:19:25

When dd wakes for a feed in the night I can just put her next to me in bed and let her get on with it while I go back to sleep.

When she smiles at me while she's feeding.

How easy it is now. It took a while to get to this stage but it was worth persevering.

Egog Thu 05-Feb-15 16:22:40

How when something terrible happens, like wind, or the dog barking, our just that it's really tough being a tiny baby, boobie makes it all better, instantly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: