Advanced search

when to stop dream feed?

(4 Posts)
PetaPipa Sat 31-Jan-15 18:24:36

My 10-month-old is still having a dream feed at night. I breast feed him during the day and evening then give a 5oz bottle of formula around 10pm. I do feel that he shouldn't still need this but when I've tried without it he has woken around midnight and seemed genuinely hungry.
So, I'm just wondering what others' experiences have been...

PetaPipa Sun 01-Feb-15 13:01:33

Just going to bump this...

Crownjewel Sun 01-Feb-15 13:10:48

I brought DS's formula feed forward by 2hrs to 8pm at his bedtime (same as you, BF throughout the day with one 6-oz FF at night). He still wakes for a BF at around 4am but I find that I feel so much better having an hour or two to myself before going to bed, getting 6ish hours unbroken sleep, and not having to worry about staying awake to dreamfeed him if I'm absolutely knackered. It also means that he's fast asleep straight after his bottle with no unsettled/half-awake period at bedtime (so I can eat dinner with DP at a reasonable hour too!) it's worked wonders for us smile

PetaPipa Sun 01-Feb-15 16:19:52

Thanks! I had considered doing this actually so good to hear it's worked for someone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now