Advanced search

ff refusing bottles other than from me!

(5 Posts)
icklekid Sat 31-Jan-15 13:59:02

Slightly concerned as going back to work next month. Ds- 6 nearly 7 months will only take a bottle from me. He used to take morning bottle from dh but then he started waking earlier so I now do first feed. Trying to alterate this in prep for me going back to work but he just cries rather than takes bottle from dh. I take it and he feeds straight away...same at night when dh is home in time. We've kept trying at weekends and eve etc but he just refuses! Any advice? sad

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Sat 31-Jan-15 14:02:20

get your husband to wear/drape over himself a jumper you've been wearing so that the baby can smell you. Leave the room.

Is your husband doing anything differently? Holding the bottle at a different angle? holding the baby differently? interacting differently?

Charlie1330 Sat 31-Jan-15 18:20:45

Im having exactly the same problem. Breast feeding but giving a formula feed in the evening and she'll only take it from me. Went out last night and she woke up for a bottle but would rather go back to sleep than take it from my husband! She is four months old and took a bottle from him in the early days but not now?!

icklekid Sat 31-Jan-15 19:22:35

Thanks howcanImissyou that works for night feeds wearing my dressing gown but when he wakes up enough to notice he isn't fooled sad dh tries many different positions and I try and help but I don't want to frustrate him more by telling him how to do it!

charlie I know that it probably doesn't help but I am quite glad I'm not the only one!!! When DH was in one eve when I went out and DS woke up he cried for hours... nightmare! I kept hoping he would grow out of it but seemingly not at the moment...

Redling Sat 31-Jan-15 21:35:10

I've noticed this with my 5.5 month old DS, over Christmas when we were at my parents house everyone was trying to give me a break and wanted to hold/feed him, but he's act like he wasn't hungry, push the bottle away etc but still be upset, then would feed when I held him. He feeds with my DH though and will with others IF they persevere past what seems like outright refusal of the bottle. Holding it near his mouth until he brings it up himself helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now