Talk

Advanced search

TT silicon teats, ok to reuse for next baby?

(9 Posts)
babyblabber Sun 25-Jan-15 13:32:50

Due in a few days and just getting organised. Planning to BF but want to have the bottles to hand.

I have Tommee Tippee bottles from last baby (now 2.5) and am wondering are the teats ok to use or should I buy new ones? Have a large selection in every size so would add up if I have to throw them out & replace them all. They look fine although need a good wash & obviously to be sterilised.

Thoughts?

Eminybob Sun 25-Jan-15 20:02:59

I can't see what the problem would be provided they are sterilised.

dementedpixie Sun 25-Jan-15 20:09:45

I would reuse bottles but not teats

dementedpixie Sun 25-Jan-15 20:11:57

They are supposed to be replaced regularly anyway so I wouldn't keep them (and didn't) for use with another baby.

loudarts Sun 25-Jan-15 20:19:49

I wouldn't, they are supposed to be replaced every few months.

beavington Sun 25-Jan-15 20:20:55

Yes i would replace as the silicone breaks down. Pain i know since you already had them in. I ended up with every size going but they have those 'variable' teats that might be worth a try once past the newborn stage.

babyblabber Sun 25-Jan-15 20:55:30

Hmmm ok better get some new ones. They look perfect but I guess it's the least I can do for this baby. I know I replaced them all last time but guess I'm getting more relaxed for no.3!

EugenesAxe Tue 27-Jan-15 07:44:03

I would and have, unless the silicon is dodgy looking in any way. Blimey, I used bottles and teats my SIL used for her two (about 6 years on) and they were fine. 3 months? That's a fucking joke. I think it's another of those 'you'd better line our pockets just in case' marketing ploys.

FluffyRedSocks Tue 27-Jan-15 07:49:48

We are currently using teats from dd 2yo, on ds, 6mo.
I gave them all a good look over, checked for holes and splits (there were none) dishwashed and steraliser and saved me £££!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: