Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Small lump in breast

(6 Posts)
Nononon Sun 25-Jan-15 10:30:24

Hi,

I have a 6 week old baby that I am breast feeding. When my breast was full I notice a small pea sized lump about 2cm above my nipple. I could feel tiny running my fingers across my skin because it was so pushed out due to full breasts. However since feeding the lump is still there when I feel for it.

Inituallu I thought it would be something to do with breast feeding but as there is no pain I am concerned! I will of course go to GP but wanted to know if anyone else had found a non painful lump that turned out to be harmless/BF-related?

Nononon Sun 25-Jan-15 10:30:59

I could feel it, not I could feel tiny

northdownmummy Sun 25-Jan-15 10:35:50

I remember having something similar. I got mastitis so after and I've always thought that it was probably a blocked milk duct. Di you have a BF support group you could check in with?
Have you tried laying a hit flannel over the area and massaging, or oven betters hot bath.

Nononon Sun 25-Jan-15 10:54:29

I have massaged the area a lot since discovering it a couple of days ago and fed a lot off that breast and it hasn't gone away. My biggest concern is that it's not painful

northdownmummy Sun 25-Jan-15 11:07:08

Have you tried getting your little one to latch on in a different way. IF it is a blocked duct, then a different angle could allow them to relieve it.
I didn't have pain with mine either, first symptom was blot hung and reddening of the skin..

Nononon Sun 25-Jan-15 11:26:03

Thanks Northdownmummy. I shall try all of that. I have no blotching of skin or anything. Literally no symptoms of anything apart from lump

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: