Talk

Advanced search

Please help - worried about my baby

(7 Posts)
fionnthedog Sat 24-Jan-15 19:45:53

Hello all,

Ds is 9mo today. Up til 6mo he was ebf but have gradually been switching him over to formula. Last week we switched his before bed feed and twice he has projectile vomited everywhere. The other times he was fine. He has got a cold but not otherwise obviously ill. Took temp tonight and was fine. After vomiting both times he's been fine and gone to bed fine, but not wanted any more milk either from bottle or boob.

Should I go back to boob? I really don't want to but hate him vomiting and worrying he'll be dehydrated overnight. Am feeling v anxious about it...

Haggisfish Sat 24-Jan-15 19:49:01

Can you give him something else-camomile tea or water or weak squash?

BMO Sat 24-Jan-15 19:52:35

If he's thirsty at night he will wake for a feed, I wouldn't worry about dehydration from one vomit.

LIZS Sat 24-Jan-15 19:56:04

Can you go back to bf and replace another feed with formula. Wouldn't bother with substitutes.

fionnthedog Sat 24-Jan-15 20:17:43

Hey thanks. He already has both feeds in the day ff (have gone back to work) and just switched this one to give more flexibility in the evening. So I know it's not the formula, but poss overeating? Or could be a coincidence and got a bit of an upset tummy?

squizita Sat 24-Jan-15 20:43:36

Snot has made my dd vomit once. Swallowing the gunk. Could just be the cold?

Haggisfish Sat 24-Jan-15 23:19:53

Might it have been a trapped air bubble and the milk on top got projected out with a burp?! Sounds odd but ds used to bring a bottle back up because if this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: