Talk

Advanced search

SMA and (sorry, TMI!) baby poo

(7 Posts)

DD is nearly 12 weeks, and has been on SMA gold since about 5 weeks. I changed her to this after some issues with C&G and Aptamil giving her a bad tummy.

Anyway, DH keeps on at me about changing Her back because "her poo's not right" hmm DS was fed C&G with no problems, DD1 was changed to Aptamil after C&G made her sick. Apparently dd2's poo is different and we need to change her back to Aptamil.

So, my question is, what is your SMA baby's poo like? DDs is green, usually thick and gloopy, sometimes a bit watery (maybe once or twice a week).

Apologies for the gross-mess of this thread, but I need to prove DH wrong (and don't want to change milk again.)

BMO Sat 24-Jan-15 20:01:49

I gave DS1 SMA and it made his poo green and horrible, so changed to C&G.

I guess different milks must digest differently then? Was your DS ok on C&G? It made Dd very windy and sicky, hence why we changed.

JADS Sun 25-Jan-15 12:15:17

I know SMA made ds's sick smell of fish grin He usually had C&G.

Ds 2 is ebf and his poo is sometimes really watery. He is happy and putting on weight. I would not worry if she's Ok otherwise. Is it worth checking with the HV?

Mamia1552 Mon 26-Jan-15 21:28:14

Green is a normal colour for formula fed stools (any colour from brown to yellow to green is normal). DS is on SMA for 3 months and poo is always green.

tiktok Tue 27-Jan-15 15:08:56

Check with your HV, or the SMA customer helpline....there is a number on the pack.

My understanding is that SMA Gold produces green poo - it's acknowledged here:

www.smamums.co.uk/Portals/0/Helpsheets/newborn/Tummy_troubles-whats_normal_poo.pdf

CumbrianExile Tue 27-Jan-15 15:15:21

My DS is on SMA (and has been since he was born, almost 5 months). His poo is green. To be fair though he is pfb, and I didn't know any different!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: