Talk

Advanced search

bf in a sling?

(5 Posts)
JADS Thu 22-Jan-15 21:24:08

I never tried this with ds1 but would love to be able go hands free with ds2.

How on earth do you did? What sort of sling do you use?

I have large norks which are creeping waist wards. I just don't see how it would work.

Cyclebump Thu 22-Jan-15 21:29:26

I'm big up top and there is just no f***ing way it would work. Sigh...

ElphabaTheGreen Thu 22-Jan-15 21:31:20

I've managed it a few times with DS2 (5 months). I felt like a freaking Earth Mother grin

I am generous in the breast department - not sure how you'd do it if you weren't.

The first time I did it was in a wrap sling (Wrapsody stretch-hybrid). He was down fairly low in the sling and I was wearing a scoop-neck top, so I pushed him down slightly lower and got a boob out over the top of my shirt and latched him on. I then did something like clear off a counter top while walking around a lot while he was feeding, just cause I could grin

I did a similar thing when I had him in a Connecta once. I can also get a boob in his gob when I've got him in a hip carry in the wrap sling.

I believe a ring sling is the true simultaneous breastfeeding and babywearing sling, however.

OutsSelf Thu 22-Jan-15 21:41:49

I do this in our Ergo but could also do it in our cloth wrap. The child has to be lower than the recommended position, so you have to loosen/ jiggle into position. I have to hold the boob in position - same hand tucked under - but DD now is old enough and stuffed in enough to mean that I can go hands free. Just use whatever sling you like then jiggle, faff and experiment til the baba and the boob can get contact.

I've never done it with a newborn who can't support their own head or in a stretchy, I felt there was a smothering possibility in those contexts

JADS Fri 23-Jan-15 09:37:43

Ok. Jiggle and faff it is! I am no earth mother grin but it's good to know in can be done in a structured carrier (have an ergo and a boba 4g). Might also see if the sling library has a ring sling to try.

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: