Advanced search

Any tips for making BF baby take more milk at 3am

(7 Posts)
Charlie1330 Wed 21-Jan-15 13:38:17

My baby wakes up at 3am for milk, then falls asleep after a small feed. She then wakes up at 4.30/5am, hungry again. How can I make her take more milk at 3am so she doesn't wake at 4, or any other tips for just one night time wake up?

FATEdestiny Wed 21-Jan-15 13:45:49

Change her nappy, unzipping sleeping bag, tickling feet, switching a lamp on.

How old is she?

Charlie1330 Wed 21-Jan-15 13:51:08

4 months. Just worry she then won't go back to sleep after

FATEdestiny Wed 21-Jan-15 14:27:16

It would be possible (not definite) to settle a baby back to sleep at 4 months old, rather than feeding.

Would you consider a dummy? You probably already know how much BF babies love to comfort suck, the dummy is a replacement nipple for comfort suck and night get baby back to sleep without a feed at one of these two wake-ups at least.

If not - what about feeding lying down and co-sleeping?

firsttimemumma2014 Wed 21-Jan-15 14:30:36

I give mine a bottle of EBF instead of boob - he always takes much more. Worth a try?

mangofizz Wed 21-Jan-15 15:40:23

Switch feeding and breast compressions will help to get more in, you can switch sides often to keep them going a bit longer and rouse them

squizita Wed 21-Jan-15 21:01:43

YY to compressions. They really work for me when dd is sleepily feeding and I want her to drink well without fully waking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now