Talk

Advanced search

2yo still has milk in bottles

(4 Posts)
butteriesplease Wed 21-Jan-15 09:01:59

hi, DS3 has just turned 2. he still has milk in bottles - after lunch before his nap, at bedtime, but also if he wants 'molk' at other times it has to be in a bottle. He will drink water/juice from a cup thingy. how can I wean him off bottles???
TIA.

Newquay Wed 21-Jan-15 09:14:02

My DS of 3 still has bottles of milk 2 to 3 times a day - and I'm more than happy with it because he is not much of a drinker otherwise and I think it's a great sure fire way to get calcium and good fat into him (his weight went down at 4 months so doctor advised to wean early) so I've always been keen to max his intake of calories. I'm watching your post with interest as I don't see any problem with him having a bottle for as long as he wants it. I remember that I had a bottle of milk after primary school when I was young - and only gave up when a friend came home for tea and called me a 'baby'.

Am I missing something?

MinceSpy Wed 21-Jan-15 09:18:42

My son was very reluctant to give up his bottle, he only had milk in it so I wasn't worried. Eventually he just stopped. At two I wouldn't worry.

butteriesplease Wed 21-Jan-15 09:49:37

really? I guess I thought that he 'should' be moving onto cups. Possibly am too worried about what others think...

I think i'd like him to take milk in a cup when it's not sleepy time, perhaps, but generally he refuses and gets upset, so I give him a bottle. As you say Newquay, it's all good calorie intake, which they really need when they are toddlers.

Ok, clearly time to relax about it all. x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: