Talk

Advanced search

Baby so noisy after formula feed!!

(2 Posts)
ralv Mon 19-Jan-15 09:09:41

Hi All...
My 16 day old DS has recently gone onto formula and I've noticed he is so much noisier now! I make sure he is well winded.. But when I put him down after a feed he will grunt, wheeze, make little cries... Basically I sit up for another hour just listening to him! After breastfeeding he would go down quietly (after a lot more crying though!).
Is this normal or am I doing something wrong??

Redling Mon 19-Jan-15 11:09:27

My baby started getting very vocal at that age, grunting and straining noises which actually had nothing to do with wind or poo as I realised after a week of sleepless nights trying to work out what was the matter/what he wanted! A lot of posters on here said they had similar and it did pass after a few weeks. At the time he was mix fed Breast milk and Formula but it didn't coincide with the introduction of formula. As long as baby is winded properly after a feed, and have no other issues such as reflux etc then it shouldn't be a problem. I reasoned in the end that he wouldn't grunt if he was in any pain, he'd cry!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: