Talk

Advanced search

Help

(14 Posts)
Youngmum1996 Fri 16-Jan-15 15:58:30

What should i do? My 18 week old baby wont have her bottles and she wont have any solids like porridge, fruit/veg puree or anything. Shes only had 6oz in the past 48 hours. Should i seek some medical help for her? hmm

jimijack Fri 16-Jan-15 16:00:00

Is she unwell?
Temperature, diarrhoea, vomiting?

scater Fri 16-Jan-15 16:00:30

Yes, if she has had 1/2 of her usual amount in 24 hours I would see the doc. It's awful when they won't drink, havethanks

jimijack Fri 16-Jan-15 16:00:52

Ring your gp for an appointment now, let them have a look at baby.

ChristmasHiccups Fri 16-Jan-15 16:01:14

Yes. If she's not taking in milk then she could get dehydrated. What's her nappies like? - still getting wet? Is her soft spot sunken? Any other signs of illness?
Also, you should not start solids for some weeks yet at the earliest

Pointlessfan Fri 16-Jan-15 16:02:03

Yes, see the doctor as she's had so little. Hopefully it's something simple like teething flowers

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 16-Jan-15 16:03:36

If she isn't taking anything then yes please see you GP. She should be seen today, if she is taking that little then dehydration could be an issue.

How is she otherwise?

When poorly they often do go off their milk and food, that in itself isn't necessarily a worry but you do need to have her checked over.

Youngmum1996 Fri 16-Jan-15 16:24:17

Thanks everyone shes still having wet nappies but not as many shes got abit of a temperature but nothing major ive just been giving her calpol and that reduces her temperature. I cant get an appointment at my gp till tuesday. My doctors are hopeless they dont care! They just told me to keep an eye on her on wednesday and this has been going on over a week now apart from the milk being reduced

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 16-Jan-15 17:18:29

A GP surgery should be finding the time to see an 18 week old even if it means squishing you in at the end of surgery. I would suggest ringing 111 and getting yourself an out of hours appointment.

magpieginglebells Fri 16-Jan-15 17:21:04

Call 111 for advice, they should get her an out of hours appointment tonight.

StrangeGlue Fri 16-Jan-15 19:03:21

I'd take her to a walk in centre if I were you.

Christmasbargainshopper Fri 16-Jan-15 21:54:33

Did you manage to get seen?

Youngmum1996 Sun 18-Jan-15 23:06:14

Thanks everyone sorry for late reply we only got out of hospital today. She got kept in hospital on friday when i took her up. It was announced that she had a blockage in her foodpipe and thats why she wasnt/struggling to take anything in. Shes ok now and back to normal smile so thank you everyone!

ChristmasHiccups Mon 19-Jan-15 08:10:51

Glad she's doing better smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: