Talk

Advanced search

5 mo. how many times/day do you bf?

(5 Posts)
nyldn Mon 12-Jan-15 17:21:42

just that really.

we haven't started weaning at all. DS is feeding about 8x a day.

He's a big boy and I'm curious if he's feeding alot and other babies this age have gotten more efficient with bigger (but fewer) feeds?

MoominaMama Mon 12-Jan-15 19:08:06

DS is coming up to 5 months old. On average we have about 7 proper feeds per 24 hour period. 5 in the day at 2 night feeds. I do also feed him to sleep for naps on occasion which would take that number up but I wouldnt class thoughs as full feeds. DS is tracking his percentile line perfectly at the moment after taking 10 weeks to get back to birth weight so I am reluctant to try to push the time between feeds any further (therefore reducing the number).

I am hoping that will happen by his lead when solids are introduced and established.

He has got a hell of a lot quicker at feeding in the last few weeks though!

MoominaMama Mon 12-Jan-15 19:09:44

Forgot to say DS was over 10lb at birth and is now 16lb so also a big boy!

mrsmilkymoo Tue 13-Jan-15 12:08:07

dd is five months. I'm glad you asked this because I'd been wondering too. A typical 24 hour period usually sees 7 full feeds but occasionally one or two more. We're not weaning until 6 months either, and dd is a tiny girl, between 9th and 25th centile, although following her line with no problem.

squizita Tue 13-Jan-15 16:47:30

My dd is very similar to Mrsmilky ... between the 9th and 2nd percentile but healthy, 8-10 feeds a day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: