Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

5 mo. how many times/day do you bf?

(5 Posts)
nyldn Mon 12-Jan-15 17:21:42

just that really.

we haven't started weaning at all. DS is feeding about 8x a day.

He's a big boy and I'm curious if he's feeding alot and other babies this age have gotten more efficient with bigger (but fewer) feeds?

MoominaMama Mon 12-Jan-15 19:08:06

DS is coming up to 5 months old. On average we have about 7 proper feeds per 24 hour period. 5 in the day at 2 night feeds. I do also feed him to sleep for naps on occasion which would take that number up but I wouldnt class thoughs as full feeds. DS is tracking his percentile line perfectly at the moment after taking 10 weeks to get back to birth weight so I am reluctant to try to push the time between feeds any further (therefore reducing the number).

I am hoping that will happen by his lead when solids are introduced and established.

He has got a hell of a lot quicker at feeding in the last few weeks though!

MoominaMama Mon 12-Jan-15 19:09:44

Forgot to say DS was over 10lb at birth and is now 16lb so also a big boy!

mrsmilkymoo Tue 13-Jan-15 12:08:07

dd is five months. I'm glad you asked this because I'd been wondering too. A typical 24 hour period usually sees 7 full feeds but occasionally one or two more. We're not weaning until 6 months either, and dd is a tiny girl, between 9th and 25th centile, although following her line with no problem.

squizita Tue 13-Jan-15 16:47:30

My dd is very similar to Mrsmilky ... between the 9th and 2nd percentile but healthy, 8-10 feeds a day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: