Talk

Advanced search

Switching from bf to ff @ 6 months - what changes did you see?

(8 Posts)
Inbl00m Sat 10-Jan-15 15:48:56

Just that really!

NickyEds Sat 10-Jan-15 15:54:03

Has your baby been ebf up to 6 months?

Inbl00m Sat 10-Jan-15 16:53:05

She's 4 months now and I plan to carry on ebf until 6 monthssmile

NoNoNoooooo Sat 10-Jan-15 17:16:19

No changes in baby but I felt liberated and free the first week or so.
But then regretted it as I loathed making up bottles!

stargirl1701 Sat 10-Jan-15 17:29:14

Interested as I considering doing this. DD2 is 20 weeks tomorrow and is ebf. I mix fed DD1 which was far, far easier than this.

NickyEds Sat 10-Jan-15 17:37:35

Sorry! Can't help then, DS was mix fed and we sort of wound bf down at 6 months. Will she take a bottle of ebm ok now? If so I'd recommend giving frequent bottles as a friend of mine found that when she wanted to switch to f for daytimes she couldn't get her baby to take f out of a bottle then not take bottles at all (even ebm) so sort of had to keep ebf.

Heatherbell1978 Sat 10-Jan-15 17:52:00

DS1 is 20 wks and we've just switched to ff. Not my plan but as a result,t of a nursing strike which is a different thread...aside from missing bf, the main things are the freedom and the sense of getting my body back. I was shopping for 'normal' bras today which was nice:-) Because he likes his milk quite warm, it can be a faff feeding him out and about but hopefully we can get him onto room temp milk and then it will be loads easier......

Inbl00m Sat 10-Jan-15 19:41:21

Thanks all. DD takes ebm from a bottle now, and we give her some every couple of weeks to make sure she doesn't forget how as it took a lot of gentle work from dh for her to take a bottle.

Have those of you who switched noticed changes in your babies at all and how many bottles per day are you making?

Part of me thinks making bottles will be a hassle but I really really REALLY haven't enjoyed breastfeeding (constant oversupply, engorgement, mastitis, multiple antibiotics, leaking, public feeding, shitty shitty fugly nursing bras, yadda yadda yadda) so am looking forward to giving it up. My real concern is that it might impact dd negatively, because apart from being a mega pukey baby, she seems to be doing well ebf.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now