Talk

Advanced search

Rash on breasts

(4 Posts)
fionathepink Thu 08-Jan-15 21:38:31

I have an really itchy rash on my breasts and am BF my 6 mo. It's been there a while but as nothing else on my breasts hurts, I've just ignored it really. I'm booked into the docs next week for it but wanted to check if anyone else has had this and what it might likely be?

Dr Google seems to think thrush but I don't have any other signs.

My LO does occassionally go through a spate of pulling off constantly. The rash is around the bottom of my breast, not the nipple. It's very red and raised and itches like hell during and after feeds. I've checked for blocked milk ducts and they all seem fine.

Any chance it could be allergy related? I have a diary allergy but really don't see how I could be allergic to something I produce.

Also any advice on bringing down the rash or itching most wanted.

Thanks!

squizita Thu 08-Jan-15 22:08:24

BFIng has given me hives all over. Pregnancy and BFIng can it seems, cause skin to react far more sensitive than normal. Well at least I didn't get it for 9 months PLUS now. I found lace bras and some breast pads caused hives on my breast.

fionathepink Fri 09-Jan-15 10:27:55

I've not needed pads for months and my bras are all cotton and well washed. I tried braless for a bit and it still itched.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 09-Jan-15 17:01:28

Hmm. That sounds really annoying.

Could it be skinfold thrush? Are you warm and (sorry) sweaty?

Could it be a reaction to food from your baby's mouth?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now