Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

8 week old has been feeding since 3pm

(6 Posts)
ElleOhElle Mon 05-Jan-15 22:39:38

gah!!! I'm glad he's feeding as he's not well but seriously!!!??? I have been feeding him constantly all afternoon and evening! he's showing no signs of going to sleep! He normally clusters but this is unreal!

growth spurt?
comfort??

LillyEvans Mon 05-Jan-15 22:43:23

Maybe growth spurt and comfort! Plus if he's had a temp he might have been a bit a bit dehydrated. He probably isn't always taking in milk and comfort sucking for bits of it. Maybe trying breaking him off so you can have a break.

Is it weird that I sort of miss cluster feeding? Dd is 5 months and hasn't done it in ages.

ElleOhElle Mon 05-Jan-15 23:01:55

I do enjoy a little cluster but this was ridiculous! wink DH is trying to get him to sleep now! can't help but think he'll be back with me soon! wink

moggle Tue 06-Jan-15 08:20:36

They supposedly have a growth spurt at 8 weeks. We're just going through this too - not quite so much feeding as that though!

TheGirlAtTheRockShow Tue 06-Jan-15 08:40:20

Growth spurt possibly, but if not well he's making up for any missed feeds.

Gennz Wed 07-Jan-15 02:26:42

My 6 week old DS did this yesterday - 4pm to 9.30pm, after feeding 2 - 3 hourly for the previous 24 hours. I gave him 40mls of formula in the end, I was knackered.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: