Talk

Advanced search

2nd baby how often to feed

(4 Posts)
Nyancat Mon 05-Jan-15 10:37:30

I ebf Dc1 but she had horrendous reflux, cried constantly and I really struggled with it, in hindsight think I had pnd. had DC2 a week ago and so far he is totally different. eats, sleeps and quite content, but not sure if I'm feeding him too much. I tried to get dd into a routine v early and with this one im taking the approach that if it cries, offer a feed, sometimes this is hourly,.sometimes maybe 4 hours but is this ok? he's peeing and pooing well.

TripleRocks Mon 05-Jan-15 18:37:44

Congratulations!

Sounds like you are doing everything right to me. smile smile

dorasee Mon 05-Jan-15 18:50:56

Just feed on demand in the early days. You may have a different approach where scheduling works better for you, so by all means do what feels right to you. I think those early days outside the womb are an uphill climb for our little ones, so feeding on demand, snuggling, allowing baby to touch and smell us is all so important. Congratulations! You'll find you'll be more relaxed with DC2. You sort of know the drill now. wink

bexster5 Mon 05-Jan-15 20:54:49

They say you can't overfeed a breastfed baby so don't worry about that.

Sounds like you're feeding him just right! If you want definite reassurance you could take him to be weighed now and again at those healthy child drop ins with the hv and you can ask them qs too. But it really does sound like you're doing just the right thing for him.

Congratulations on his birth btw!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now