Talk

Advanced search

B/F one side - have gone lopsided!!

(5 Posts)
BooseysMom Sat 03-Jan-15 15:08:46

My DS only feeds from one side now at night and as a result I have gone lopsided and my niece noticed I had one boob bigger than the other! I can't express and now my DS won't feed for long on the nearly redundant side so does anyone know what to do. Milk does still come out but not nearly as much as the side he feeds on all night. He is in a cot next to the bed and when he wakes I feed him back to sleep. (Yes, I know how bad that is!) I have tried giving him the other side but the position is too uncomfortable.
Thanks

Bazoo23 Sat 03-Jan-15 15:12:49

Seriously try and get the others supply back up!! I had this and thought ah well itll go back to normal when ive stopped feeding. Nope it doesn't..stopped feeding 14 months ago and they're only just evened out.
Could you pump on your smaller breast after a feed?

BooseysMom Sat 03-Jan-15 15:45:19

Hi Bazoo, thanks for the msg. I can't get any out when expressing so gave up ages ago. I will have to persevere with him on that side I suppose. Maybe it doesn't matter if he only has the one side. I don't want to be B/F'ing him for much longer anyway as he is now 13 months!

unclerory Sat 03-Jan-15 15:58:24

I had horrible mastitis in one boob when DD1 was small and all three kids have preferred the other boob. With the first two it wasn't too bad but the difference became quite noticable with DS so I started ALWAYS feeding him on the least favoured boob first and that balanced my boobs out. Can't remember how long it took, a few weeks maybe?

Since you want to wean some time soon I'd start with nightweaning and that will reduced the demand on the favoured boob which will help and during the day you can be a bit stricter until the boobs even out.

BooseysMom Sat 03-Jan-15 16:14:53

Thanks unclerory - good advice. I'm so worried about night weaning though. We tried moving the cot from the bed but I gave in at the first hurdle and actually moved it back at 2am one night so I could be near to him when he woke. Pathetic I know! But I actually sleep better with him there now so it's prob more an issue of weaning myself off B/F!! I sleep in bursts when he sleeps and have sort of adapted to that over the months. How I will ever get him into his own room, I can't imagine!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now