Talk

Advanced search

Has my milk dried up? Pregnant- help!

(5 Posts)
eggplanty Mon 29-Dec-14 23:22:33

I'm still BFing my DC1 once or twice a day and I'm 20 weeks pregnant.

I just tried to pump and hand express and NOTHING. He willingly feeds and comes off sometimes after ten minutes or ten seconds.

I'm finding feeding very uncomfortable and I only do it in the hopes he's still getting some nutrition from it.

Could anyone advise? If there's really nothing there I'll just stop (sadly).

eggplanty Tue 30-Dec-14 08:13:15

Bumping

EllaMenoPea Tue 30-Dec-14 08:20:57

Not sure if this is of any help: http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/pumping_decrease/ I know that pumping and them feeding is completely different so you shouldn't worry too much if he seems happy on the breast however I'm not sure how pregnancy effects supply, not negatively I'd imagine? Kellymom has a lot of good info though. HTH

Jeggie Sun 04-Jan-15 08:35:12

Milk supply goes up and down during pregnancy but returns fully once you give birth. There are benefits to continuing and negatives (these are negatives for you rather than either child).

There's a good book adventures in tandem nursing which talks a lot about pregnancy.

Everyone experiences it differently, the majority of older nurselings stop their own during preg but others hang on dry nursing for the duration... owwww!

Jeggie Sun 04-Jan-15 08:39:40

The negatives I mentioned are things like pain, feelings of aversion, tiredness rather than particular health negatives (assuming you don't have any significant health probs). Good luck with deciding what next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now